- Evaluate existing architecture to ensure it meets requirements
- Build POCs to demonstrate feasibility of proposed architecture changes
- Propose and communicate architecture changes to meet requirements with a focus for design, efficiency, and quality
- Communicate with stakeholders to understand functional and non-functional requirements; create consensus and understanding
- Ensures implementation approaches are compatible with the architecture and assess whether further architectural input is required
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Behave as a good role model for the team by setting the standard and displaying maturity and commitment
- Technical leadership and first line of support/guidance for the team
- Promote best practices and technical standards within the team
- Coach and mentor to raise the overall level of the team
- Suggests and leads on improvements to the software development process
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate effectively with (sometimes less technical) stakeholders
- Just as comfortable working as part of a team as working autonomously
- Experience as a tech lead / senior software engineer
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in software security and performance testing
- Experience of working in Agile teams
Other Skills Of Benefit
- Experience in designing and developing applications using Java frameworks
- Experience in cloud platforms such as GCP, Azure or AWS
- Financial Services domain knowledge
- Enthusiastically follow technology trends in software engineering best practice and technologies;
- Take pleasure in seeing smart, practical solutions put in front of customers;
- Enjoy the challenge of solving complex problems;
- Open to constantly refreshing and renewing your skills
What benefits do we have to offer?
We don’t just stop with competitive salaries, interesting projects plus a great working environment. Our impressive benefits package addresses your health, education, pension, plus a range of other flexible benefits that could benefit your family as well.
Take a look
- Competitive Salary
- 33 Days Holiday
- 10 Training Days a Year
- Dental Insurance
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- 50% Contribution towards BUPA Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Visa Sponsorship
- Enhanced Maternity Pay
- Additional Life Assurance Cover
- Additional Vacation Days Purchase
- Healthcare for Family Member
- Dental Cover for Family Member
OUR 3 STEP INTERVIEW PROCESS
1. Phone Screen:
This is a 30 minute telephone interview usually conducted by a manager or senior member of the development team. The first part of the phone screen is an opportunity for the candidate to learn more about NCR Edinburgh, how they can contribute to our success and how we can build their career; following this is a set of technical questions that gives both us and the candidate confidence that there is a potential fit with the candidate's technical skills.
Following a successful phone screen the candidate is given an exercise to complete at home. This will either be a pure coding exercise or, for more senior roles, a coding and design exercise. This builds on the information gathered in the phone screen to give us a more rounded picture of the candidate's technical skills.
This is a 3 hour interview with two senior members of the technical team that gives the candidate the chance to demonstrate their technical strength and communication skills. The candidate will discuss their CV and background, present on a topic of their choice, take part in a design exercise and a live coding exercise. The interview will conclude with an opportunity for the candidate to ask any questions they may have.
ABOUT NCR EDINBURGH
NCR Edinburgh is one of NCR's Centres for Software Excellence. We have built our culture around talented people and created autonomous teams with an emphasis on creativity, collaboration and product ownership.
ABOUT NCR CORPORATION
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global technology company changing how people everywhere bank, shop, eat, and travel. leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. 30,000 employees in 180 countries, NCR provides leading business solutions for industries large and small including banks, restaurants, reatilers, theatres, airlines, stadiums and arenas. We are the global leader in ATM software applications and pioneers in digital banking.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential.
We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
STATEMENT TO AGENCIES
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.