Who are we looking for?
Are you ready to join the company that's shaping the way people manage their finances? Digital Insight, an NCR SaaS company, is a leader in retail online banking with over 11 million end users across hundreds of banks and credit unions. We are recognized as one of the innovative leaders in financial services. Digital Insight/NCR helps financial institutions optimise their profitability by continuously innovating how businesses and customers optimise their money. Our solutions empower small to mid-size banks and financial institutions to offer their customers online and mobile solutions to help their customers manage their money.
As a Service Delivery Engineer you will work with Product Development and Production Operations teams across the world to deploy and support Digital Insight/NCR SaaS offerings using DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering toolsets and processes. You will play a critical role in helping shape how customers interact and think about money in the future while working in a fast-paced environment. If you are passionate about quality and delivering awesome results for customers, come join us now!
- Engage closely with architects, engineering and operations teams to deliver highly available and scalable services with minimal/zero downtime
- Collaboration between development and operations staff throughout different development lifecycle stages when creating and delivering a product or service
- Working in partnership with cross-functional teams in the capacity of delivering applications to production through various controls and operationalising them for support
- Build automation scripts and frameworks to improve operational processes and procedures
- Learn, deploy and document newer technologies for the potential deployment of services following a development and release life cycle
- Support production escalations as needed
- Driving ongoing improvements and efficiencies in operational practices, tools & processes
- Provide a seamless transition of the application from Product Development to Production Support teams
- Building, deploying and evolving rapidly-changing products and systems at high volume and large scale
- Utilize DevOps toolchain consisting of multiple tools through software build, test, configure, package, deploy and monitoring stages
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Current/Recent 5+ years back to back related experience
- In-depth Linux or other Unix system administration experience
- Previous experience delivering a new product, including methodologies, for an enterprise solution
- Must have high initiative and be a clear communicator
- Must be good at setting up and troubleshooting environments
- Preferred full lifecycle involvement of end to end application delivery
What you will be working with
- Operating Systems – RHEL, CentOS, Windows 2012+
- Applications – Java, Tomcat
- Scripting – BASH, Ruby, Python, Perl
- Version control – Perforce, GIT
- Build/Release - Jenkins, Maven, GCC, Make
- Package – YUM/RPM, Zip, Tar
- Deploy – Capistrano, Terraform
- Provisioning – vRA, vSphere, AWS, GCP
- Storage – Netapp NFS Mounts and CIFS
- Networking – Infoblox, F5, vCNS
What benefits do we have to offer?
We don’t just stop with competitive salaries, interesting projects plus a great working environment. Our impressive benefits package addresses your health, education, pension, plus a range of other flexible benefits that could benefit your family as well.
Take a look
- Competitive Salary
- 33 Days Holiday
- 10 Training Days a Year
- Dental Insurance
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- 50% Contribution towards BUPA Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Visa Sponsorship
- Enhanced Maternity Pay
- Additional Life Assurance Cover
- Additional Vacation Days Purchase
- Healthcare for Family Member
- Dental Cover for Family Member
OUR 3 STEP INTERVIEW PROCESS
1. Phone Screen:
This is a 30 minute telephone interview usually conducted by a manager or senior member of the development team. The first part of the phone screen is an opportunity for the candidate to learn more about NCR Edinburgh, how they can contribute to our success and how we can build their career; following this is a set of technical questions that gives both us and the candidate confidence that there is a potential fit with the candidate's technical skills.
Following a successful phone screen the candidate is given an exercise to complete at home. This will either be a pure coding exercise or, for more senior roles, a coding and design exercise. This builds on the information gathered in the phone screen to give us a more rounded picture of the candidate's technical skills.
This is a 3 hour interview with two senior members of the technical team that gives the candidate the chance to demonstrate their technical strength and communication skills. The candidate will discuss their CV and background, present on a topic of their choice, take part in a design exercise and a live coding exercise. The interview will conclude with an opportunity for the candidate to ask any questions they may have.
ABOUT NCR EDINBURGH
NCR Edinburgh is one of NCR's Centres for Software Excellence. We have built our culture around talented people and created autonomous teams with an emphasis on creativity, collaboration and product ownership.
ABOUT NCR CORPORATION
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global technology company changing how people everywhere bank, shop, eat, and travel. leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. 30,000 employees in 180 countries, NCR provides leading business solutions for industries large and small including banks, restaurants, reatilers, theatres, airlines, stadiums and arenas. We are the global leader in ATM software applications and pioneers in digital banking.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential.
We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
STATEMENT TO AGENCIES
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.