Who are we looking for?
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Development and review of changes with a focus for design, efficiency, and quality
- Work as part of a team as well as working autonomously
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Contribute to improvements to the software development process
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject (We will consider applicants without a degree if they can demonstrate suitable knowledge and experience)
- At least one Backend Data Store – eg. SQL( PostgreSQL, MariaDB, MySQL) or No SQL(MongoDB, Redis)
- JS Backend Testing Tools – eg. Mocha, Chai, Jest
- JS Frontend Testing Tools – eg. Selenium, Protractor, TestCafe
- Package and Dependency Management – eg. NPM
- Experience in SCM and CI technologies such as Git and Jenkins
Other Skills Of Benefit
- Test-driven development
- Software security
- Performance testing
- Container and orchestration technologies - e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Scrum/Kanban/Agile methodologies etc
- Enthusiastically follow technology trends in software engineering best practice and technologies;
- Take pleasure in seeing smart, practical solutions put in front of customers;
- Enjoy the challenge of solving complex problems;
- Open to constantly refreshing and renewing your skills
What benefits do we have to offer?
We don’t just stop with competitive salaries, interesting projects plus a great working environment. Our impressive benefits package addresses your health, education, pension, plus a range of other flexible benefits that could benefit your family as well.
Take a look
- Competitive Salary
- 33 Days Holiday
- 10 Training Days a Year
- Dental Insurance
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- 50% Contribution towards BUPA Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Visa Sponsorship
- Enhanced Maternity Pay
- Additional Life Assurance Cover
- Additional Vacation Days Purchase
- Healthcare for Family Member
- Dental Cover for Family Member
OUR 3 STEP INTERVIEW PROCESS
1. Phone Screen:
This is a 30 minute telephone interview usually conducted by a manager or senior member of the development team. The first part of the phone screen is an opportunity for the candidate to learn more about NCR Edinburgh, how they can contribute to our success and how we can build their career; following this is a set of technical questions that gives both us and the candidate confidence that there is a potential fit with the candidate's technical skills.
Following a successful phone screen the candidate is given an exercise to complete at home. This will either be a pure coding exercise or, for more senior roles, a coding and design exercise. This builds on the information gathered in the phone screen to give us a more rounded picture of the candidate's technical skills.
This is a 3 hour interview with two senior members of the technical team that gives the candidate the chance to demonstrate their technical strength and communication skills. The candidate will discuss their CV and background, present on a topic of their choice, take part in a design exercise and a live coding exercise. The interview will conclude with an opportunity for the candidate to ask any questions they may have.
ABOUT NCR EDINBURGH
NCR Edinburgh is one of NCR's Centres for Software Excellence. We have built our culture around talented people and created autonomous teams with an emphasis on creativity, collaboration and product ownership.
ABOUT NCR CORPORATION
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global technology company changing how people everywhere bank, shop, eat, and travel. leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. 30,000 employees in 180 countries, NCR provides leading business solutions for industries large and small including banks, restaurants, reatilers, theatres, airlines, stadiums and arenas. We are the global leader in ATM software applications and pioneers in digital banking.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential.
We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
STATEMENT TO AGENCIES
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.