Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced SaaS Ops Program Manager who has effective personal management and organizational skills. Someone who doesn’t get caught up on the lower importance and sticks to focusing the best part of their time on the critical few.
- Ownership of standing programs with oversight of the goals and status of inter-related projects, achieving project goals within the given constraints
- Leading the effective and efficient delivery of SaaS Ops initiatives as well as those initiatives impacting SaaS Ops by interacting with business and engineering
- Have blueprint for how projects are planned, managed, and executed, from start to finish; using different practices, tools and techniques where appropriate. Identify and explain project requirements to stakeholders
- Focus on benefits during execution, execute project plans, including milestones and timelines; enforcing delivery dates; navigate challenges; navigate and escalate blockers, fix project discrepancies, overlaps, stalled workflows
- Tracking tasks that are on the critical path, controlling transient scopes, tracking project status from initiation to completion, resource management and vendors
- Ongoing project and process evaluation to drive continuous improvement; building consensus on process improvements, drive efficiency improvements and enhanced reporting metrics
- Crafting, maintaining and disseminating project and program information to partners (internal and external) to drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and dedication across multiple groups with competing priorities
- Critically evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and decompose details into high-level information for communication on various levels (C-Level and below)
- Anticipate bottlenecks, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- Must have ability to listen, to be clear and ensure you’re understood. That information flows with the right messaging, at the right time with technical and non-technical partners
- Lead rather than just manage. That means providing a vision and a roadmap for success and serving and empowering your team to get the projects completed successfully
- Effective team collaboration and drive team excellence; doing the right thing always and making good sound decisions
- Effective personal management and organization, someone who doesn’t get caught up on the lower importance and sticks to focusing the best part of your time on the critical few
- Results-oriented; set and meet/exceed objectives. Must always be steps ahead, knows what’s next and what success looks like. Sets up realistic schedules and then manages the resources to keep on track
- Risk management; adaptive/predictive problem-solving and being able weigh the pros and cons of solutions to problems to choose the right way forward
- Can influence across the organization; experience with cross geographical project coordination and management
- Experience managing projects within the PRINCE2/PMBOK methodologies and Agile approach working within Scrum, Iterative and Waterfall models
- General working knowledge and understanding of Data Center technologies, IT infrastructure and database platforms; virtualization technologies/concepts including VMWare vSphere & vRA, Traffic Controllers
- General working knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC) in support of delivering high-performing, highly available services and infrastructure
- General knowledge of software delivery concepts, tools and techniques
- General working knowledge and understanding of common networking/internet concepts: Firewalls, NAT, DNS, SMTP, Load-Balancing
- General working knowledge and understanding of cloud technologies/concepts
- 8+ years equivalent back to back technical, operations or infrastructure project management experience; have led multiple complex technical projects at once with aggressive schedules
- Professional experience/exposure to Google Cloud and/or Microsoft Azure
- Professional experience/exposure to FinTech (Online Banking SaaS (Software as a Service)
- Professional experience/exposure to PCI-DSS compliance
Preferred Industry Certifications
- PRINCE 2 or PMP
What benefits do we have to offer?
We don’t just stop with competitive salaries, interesting projects plus a great working environment. Our impressive benefits package addresses your health, education, pension, plus a range of other flexible benefits that could benefit your family as well.
Take a look
- Competitive Salary
- 33 Days Holiday
- 10 Training Days a Year
- Dental Insurance
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- 50% Contribution towards BUPA Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Visa Sponsorship
- Enhanced Maternity Pay
- Additional Life Assurance Cover
- Additional Vacation Days Purchase
- Healthcare for Family Member
- Dental Cover for Family Member
OUR 3 STEP INTERVIEW PROCESS
1. Phone Screen:
This is a 30 minute telephone interview usually conducted by a manager or senior member of the development team. The first part of the phone screen is an opportunity for the candidate to learn more about NCR Edinburgh, how they can contribute to our success and how we can build their career; following this is a set of technical questions that gives both us and the candidate confidence that there is a potential fit with the candidate's technical skills.
Following a successful phone screen the candidate is given an exercise to complete at home. This will either be a pure coding exercise or, for more senior roles, a coding and design exercise. This builds on the information gathered in the phone screen to give us a more rounded picture of the candidate's technical skills.
This is a 3 hour interview with two senior members of the technical team that gives the candidate the chance to demonstrate their technical strength and communication skills. The candidate will discuss their CV and background, present on a topic of their choice, take part in a design exercise and a live coding exercise. The interview will conclude with an opportunity for the candidate to ask any questions they may have.
ABOUT NCR EDINBURGH
NCR Edinburgh is one of NCR's Centres for Software Excellence. We have built our culture around talented people and created autonomous teams with an emphasis on creativity, collaboration and product ownership.
ABOUT NCR CORPORATION
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global technology company changing how people everywhere bank, shop, eat, and travel. leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. 30,000 employees in 180 countries, NCR provides leading business solutions for industries large and small including banks, restaurants, reatilers, theatres, airlines, stadiums and arenas. We are the global leader in ATM software applications and pioneers in digital banking.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential.
We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
STATEMENT TO AGENCIES
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.